Get People With Social Media Clout On Your Side
You know it’s true. People who have good connections will make more money and get more jobs than those who don’t. This is true whether you’re online or not. You’ve heard the phrase “It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.” Well, perhaps that is an exaggeration but it is true. If you know more people, you’ll be more likely to get hired and get paid more money too. The cool thing is that you can get to know those movers and shakers and leverage them to expand your ach on social media.
- Interview Them – You can do a video or podcast of the interview and then share it on social media with a blurb. You can also open up Q & A on a Facebook group with the video as the start of the conversation to get people to pay attention.
- Call Them Out – This can be dangerous but if there is a guru that you really like you can write about them in articles, blog posts, and even social media posts. Tag them in the work. You may bring some of their audience to your page by doing this.
- Take Pics With Them – Go to a live event, and take a selfie with them. Wait a bit and remind them before your next launch about the fun you had by posting the picture. That way you get back on their radar.
By bringing your social network to the attention of an influencer (or influencers), you can then get the attention of their audience (who of course should be the same type of audience). This is a great way to give your social media networks a boost, which will help bring traffic to your website as long as you’re linking to your website with new posts.
The Traffic Generation Cycle When Using Social Media
When it comes to using social media to generate website traffic is there is a cycle to it all that will help you get more traffic. So, try to do these things every single time.
Follow these steps:
Create Content for Your Website – Your website is the center of your marketing. It’s your business, it’s your storefront, and this is what you’re trying to get traffic to. You need to make it a priority to create relevant content that speaks to your audience.
- Share That Content to Social Media – When you post something on your blog, someone else’s blog, or have any type of news about yourself — share it to social media. Optimize the share for each network and share as many times as is common with that network using a different blurb each time
- Share to Your Email List – Likewise, share the link to the post within the email list that you have for that website. People who have signed up can be reminded about the content and they’ll come back.
- Engage with Comments – When you share things on social media people will comment on it, ensure that you comment back. You want your audience to know you’re available and ready to interact with them. This builds trust, and due to that trust, they’re more likely to click through to your site.
- Repeat – Don’t spam people, but you may want to repeat more than once and change it up a little to ensure that it works well for your goals. After all, not everyone will see your Tweet at 10 am. You may need to send it at 10, 2, and 6 pm for maximum exposure.
When you do this for every bit of content that you create, you’ll find that you build up more traffic to your website so that you can get them to convert to buyers and become your customer and not just your follower or friend.
The great thing about using social media to build traffic is that you can start now by simply opening up social accounts. Your website link will usually be included in your profile set up. But, you will of course have to do more. The best thing to do is create a plan of action for generating traffic to your website. If you stick to it, you will be successful.