Leverage the Power of Video Ads for the Shy
It’s true. Video is overtaking the web. The advent of high-speed internet has made it easier for consumers to watch the video and for marketers to get their message out to customers. They say that pictures are worth 1000 words. What do you imagine the video is said to be worth? With over 40 billion videos streaming each month in the USA only and 75 million people watching videos every single month, learning to leverage the power of video ads is a must-have skill.
If you’re not convinced, let’s look at three stats from Hubspot.com:
- Video emails increased click rate by up to 300%.
- Landing page videos can increase conversions by 80%.
- After viewing videos, 64% of viewers are more likely to buy a product online.
People are more likely to remember a video ad than an image only ad or even a blog post. In addition, 36% of online consumers trust video ads. These facts mean that you need to use video ads, even if you hate being in front of a camera.
The Benefits of Video Ads
Video ads are an important part of your marketing funnel and bring many benefits to your business. Videos, especially those that include a person’s face and voice, are more memorable. The nuances of the video, such as facial expression and tone of voice, can be processed by the brain, even after the video is over. People watch videos online and see commercials on TV daily. They are conditioned to watch, listen, and act. Here are a few benefits of using video ads.
- Increased Sales – Most studies show an increase in conversions that tops 70 percent. Just that alone should make you want to include video ads on your sales pages and in your paid ads. The video takes a little extra effort to create but the ROI is more than worth it.
- Higher ROI – It’s still relatively inexpensive to run video ads and the better you get at creating them the less expensive video ads become. Because you’re more likely to make a sale using video ads, your cost per click is going to go down substantially compared to other types of ads.
- Greater Trust – Video ads are a lot more engaging than image or text ads. More of the viewer’s senses are involved as they subconsciously read your body language. When your sincerity and excitement can be clearly seen and heard, your words tend to have a greater impact. This helps you to build a trusting relationship with your audience.
- Higher Ranking – Google ranks video high. That’s no surprise since they own YouTube. So, if you want to increase ad views, get on Google’s good side – create more videos and video ads. Using Google AdWords can also help extend your video ad reach across many platforms.
- Additional Mobile Traffic – Videos are easy to watch. In fact, it’s likely that your audience watches videos daily on their mobile device on a mobile device, during downtime or when waiting. This is especially true if your audience includes millennials or people on the edge of generation X. Create more video and video ads to attract a larger audience.
As you can see, video ads can be extremely beneficial in a variety of ways, more than we can list here. You’ll want to create a variety of video ads, especially in the beginning. This will help you to identify what best motivates your audience to take action on the ad.
Where to Place Your Video Ads
The first place you may want to introduce video ads is on your website. Since you have greater control of your website, it will be easier to make adjustments and test to find out what works best with your audience.
Videos and video ad files can take up a lot of space on your site and use a lot of bandwidth, especially if they aren’t short or optimized to load quickly. Fortunately, you don’t have to house or even place all of your video ads on your site.
There are many other places where you can display your ads. The top three platforms are Google AdWords, YouTube, and Facebook. Keep in mind that each platform has its own rules, size limits, and eccentricities. Things that are allowed on one platform may be forbidden on another. Here is a little more info about the top 3 platforms to help you get started.
- Google AdWords – This is an obvious place to place your video ads. Just choose “Video” as your campaign type. You can target via demographics, interests, and engage in video remarketing using Google AdWords
- YouTube – With over 4 billion views per day putting ads on YouTube is a no-brainer. You can do this via Google AdWords “TrueView” video campaigns right from Google AdWords.
- Facebook – If your audience isn’t on Facebook, you may need to re-think your business/ad strategy. You can do both videos and slideshows with Facebook video ads. It’s easier to start with slide shows since you create the right inside Facebook and don’t need any extra software.
Video ads are effective and important for any business owner to use if they’re going to run ads. But, before you create your video ads, and run them, it’s imperative that you understand what goes into making a compelling video ad that gets results.
How to Create Compelling Video Ads
Before you start uploading video ads, ensure that your ads are compelling. Use the video to encourage viewers to take action. You may want them to sign up for your email list, get your checklist, or buy something. In video ads, tell a story that persuades viewers to act.
- Set Your Goals – Everything starts with a goal. What is the goal of this video? The goal is to get the viewer to take a particular action that benefits you both. Remember, the goals for your ads should be created in a similar manner as the goals for your marketing plan, and your whole business. They should be specific, measurable (and trackable), action-oriented, realistic, and timely.
- Know Your USP – Your unique selling point is “the thing” that makes your offer the best choice. The video ad should mention the “problem” with similar products and stress that your offer is better because you have “fixed” it or in your offer.
- Benefits Over Features – Your viewers want to know what’s in it for them. They want to know why they should take the action that you suggest. They want to know what’s in it for them and you need to ensure that you tell them in your video ad.
- Get the Timing Right – To create videos that get results, you should ensure that they’ll be seen by your target market. This includes making sure that they aren’t too long and they run at times when your audience is usually online, and are in a clicking mood.
- Set the Hook – If you want your audience to watch your video, you must learn how to motivate them to do so. One way is by creating powerful headlines. Another is by telling stories – your story or the stories of others. Short testimonials are also great additions to any video.
- Make Offers Difficult to Refuse – Nothing related to marketing is ever done without a call to action. A simple call to action is imperative in videos. You must tell your audience what you want them to do. In addition, you need to reduce the viewer’s risk, make them feel like they’re getting a bargain, and create an offer that is so amazing they are compelled to click and follow your instructions.
Keep in mind that in real life situations, it’s more difficult to refuse a request or say “no,” if you like, trust, and are face-to-face with the person. To a lesser degree, the same is true in videos. It’s more difficult to click away if you get a “good vibe” from the speaker.
While it’s not mandatory that you appear in video ads, it is recommended that someone is in them to add a “human” factor. When viewers see a face and hear a voice, a certain amount of trust is automatically gained. This is particularly important if you want to build trust.