How to Use Facebook Messenger Bots to Quickly Grow Your Contact List
According to the latest stats, between 1% and 5% of people who visit a web page will typically convert by completing a form and submitting their contact information.
On the other hand, Facebook Messenger offers you an incredible advantage of instant lead capture from 100% of new contacts.
This means you can explode your volume of leads by simply by moving your traffic-driving efforts from your website landing pages… to your Messenger lead magnets.
When someone messages your chatbot in Facebook Messenger, Facebook gives you their info and a direct line to stay in touch with them.
This is an Instant lead capture!
First and last name, their locale, gender and permissions that allow you to follow up.
You can then:
- Set up a Messenger drip campaign to welcome and nurture them.
- Ask them questions to qualify them and see if you’re a good fit.
- Invite them to stay in touch as a subscriber.
- Send them info about your products, services, and promotions.
Here are 10 Ways You Can Generate Leads Using Your Facebook Chatbot
1. Facebook Comment Guard private auto-replies
Facebook post comment guards (aka Facebook post-auto-replies or private replies) are the most engaging, free way to get new contacts. You can take ordinary Facebook posts and turn them into lead-capturing tools.
If someone comments on your Facebook post, you can program a chatbot to send a private reply to them in Messenger:
Facebook post-auto-replies are great for lead generation because:
- They turn your engaged Facebook fans who are commenting on your posts into contacts.
- Your Facebook page listed response time drops dramatically, which is a great trust signal to commenters.
- You turn your page fans into leads you can send follow-up messages to.
Autoresponders can also be used, especially for:
- Contests and giveaways: Announce your contest with an organic Facebook post. Attach an autoresponder to that post and anybody who comments to enter will get messages in Messenger, helping you collect instant contact info and powerful leads
- Relationship and brand building: People turn to Facebook for enjoyment, and these posts allow you to run fun little games to build relationships
- Lead qualification: Use a comment guard on a Facebook post that asks people to comment to get a resource, guide or download. Set up the chatbot response to asking qualifying questions of your new contacts so you can score your leads.
2. Use your Messenger bot as your website chat
Including chat on a website can increase conversions by 45%.
In fact, you can use your Facebook bot as your website chat function. By doing so, you’ll inherit key advantages. Chief among them is a list are new contacts you can send messages to.
You will also be able to:
- Answer FAQs instantly: You can answer common questions with a chatbot in seconds, giving visitors on your site immediate answers to keep them around.
- Save on staffing: By using automation and chatbots, you’ll save tons of money on staffing costs.
- Alert a human to take over the chat any time: Get the best of all world’s by setting up your website chat to have a human takeover if questions can’t be answered by the bot.
- Mobile friendly: Messenger is meant for mobile communication, there is no better way to communicate on mobile with your customers.
- Save new contacts as leads: When you get contact on Messenger, you can message them at any time, even if they leave your website. But with live-chat platforms, you can’t message them unless they are on-site!
You can install Messenger chat directly to your website in seconds using Google Tag Manager.
To install the Facebook Messenger chat widget on your site, create a new HTML element and paste the code into Google Tag Manager based on whatever rules you want (which pages to show on, etc.).
Now you can chat with customers immediately from your website.
3. Run Click-to-Messenger Ads targeting your email list
Click-to-Messenger Facebook ads are a cost-effective way to advertise because:
- By using the messages Facebook ad objective compared to traffic and conversion ads, you can reduce your costs tremendously.
- They result in instant lead capture unlike traffic you drive to your landing pages for 1-4% conversion rate
- They’re a new ad objective which gives marketers who do adopt them a first-mover advantage.
Instead of traditional Facebook ads that drive clicks to a website or likes to a page, messages ads start conversations in Facebook Messenger.
What you do is:
- Create a Facebook custom audience in Ads Manager from your email list.
- Run a Facebook click-to-Messenger ad campaign with your custom opt-in dialogue as the landing page.
- Get a 100% conversion rate as clicks on your ad send a message to your bot.
4. Run Click-to-Messenger Ads targeting page fans/engager
When you’re looking to make new contacts, your own Page fans are a smart audience to target.
Since they’re already following your business on your Facebook Page, they’re probably open to receiving messages from you.
Facebook Messenger is a more productive place to engage than Facebook because you can send messages directly to their Messenger inbox, rather than hoping your posts show up in their organic news feed.
Run a send-to-Messenger ad on Facebook, where the audience you are targeting is your page fans:
5. Run Click-to-Messenger ads with a coupon code remarketing to site visitors
Send-to-Messenger ads are amazing for contacting new audiences and building brand awareness.
But they are even better when you start to target warmer audiences that have engaged with your brand before.
For the offer in your ad, offer them a discount code:
When someone clicks “Send Message” they will be sent a coupon directly in the Messenger app:
This tactic is much more effective than traditional coupon ads because:
- People receive them instantly in Messenger, rather than waiting in email or clicking to your site
- Even if they don’t use the coupon, you still get their contact info and opt-in to Messenger
- You can also message them with drip campaigns to remind them to use the coupon later
6. Create a Facebook Messenger landing page
Standard landing page conversion rates are in the neighborhood of 2.5%. But with Messenger landing pages, everyone who clicks the button and sends your bot a message becomes a lead.
Here is an example of a Facebook Messenger landing page:
These are far superior to regular landing pages because:
- They are extremely mobile-friendly, with zero forms or heavy page elements. Users get directed immediately into Messenger to convert instead.
- New contacts can receive follow-up messaging from you, including promotional offers, new blog posts and more.
When a visitor to your landing page converts by clicking the “Learn more in Messenger” button, they are directed into conversation with a chatbot that can collect lead qualifying information.
Combining chatbots and landing pages makes for smooth, seamless conversions that collect just as much (if not more) data from your leads with less hassle.
7. Link to Messenger for customer surveys
Customer surveys give marketers more info about customers and their preferences that inform more effective campaigns.
But surveys conducted via email are donkeys compared to surveys conducted via Messenger in a few important ways.
Facebook Messenger chatbot surveys create persistent contacts that open the door to follow-up messaging.
Messenger surveys are also:
- Super quick and easy to fill out
- Ultimately mobile-friendly
- Have high engagement rates
- Save survey data to customer profiles
- Not anonymous
8. Embed a Messenger checkbox in your web forms
Messenger can do more than just sit on your site like a live-chat plugin.
In fact, Messenger can play a direct role in helping you convert more people if your forms are struggling to show high conversion rates.
These checkbox opt-ins can be placed on any website form you currently have.
This checkbox plugin allows you to collect more than just an email, but actually, engage instantly in conversations with your customers.
And in the future, you can message them any time since they are a contact.
9. Embed a Send to Messenger button
There’s one more HTML Element lead magnet — the Send to Messenger button.
This is a simple button that you can embed on your website or blog posts that send folks who click directly into a dialogue in Messenger that you design.
To create this lead magnet, choose HTML Elements from Lead Magnets and then choose “Send to Messenger Button”:
10. Create Chatbot Scan Codes
Facebook QR codes, otherwise known as quick response codes, allow users to scan a code with their phone, directing them to content on a website.
This popular marketing tactic can also be done with chatbots to get more contacts and leads.
It’s an effective lead magnet for anywhere you have a physical presence, allowing anyone you might run into in real life to scan it and engage with messages instantly.
To use the scan code:
- Open Messenger on your phone.
- From the People tab, click the +person icon in the top right corner.
- Then tap the Scan Code icon.
There you have it. You now have ten different tactics you can use to quickly grow your contact list using your Facebook messenger chatbots!