Best Practices for Using Instagram for Business
In order to use Instagram in the best possible way there are some tips that are important to consider that will make your Instagram work best.
- Use High Quality Images – You can’t use poor images on Instagram. The better quality you can create; the better engagement you’ll have on Instagram. You want the clarity of the image, plus the creativity to show in every single share that you have because it represents your brand.
- Tell Your Brand’s Story – When you first start your account, consider taking some time to share what your brand story is on each update. Tell a little bit of the story with each share so that your audience can get to know you.
- Interact With Your Fans – Instagram is very social and because of that it’s necessary to interact and engage with your fans. When someone comments, comment back using their @ tag so that they know you commented back.
- Use the Right Hashtags – Study which hashtags you should use to attract your audience and use them. Try to find at least 20 to 30 hashtags that you can rotate on a regular basis through your updates so that you can find all of your audience.
- Provide Value – When you share something on Instagram, ensure that it provides value to your audience. Don’t just share anything, be strategic and plan out what you will share so that they are engaged, fascinated and want to follow you and tell others about you.
- Share Daily – Don’t let your Instagram go dark for even a day. You can come up with interesting things to share, and even schedule them using software like Later.com so that on your off days all you have to do is push them out when reminded on your mobile device.
Using Instagram is a great way to build a following, provide value to your audience, get more subscribers and make more sales. But, you need to create a plan of action based on your goals, and not just do it without any destination in mind.
Top Tools to Use with Instagram
There are many apps and tools coming on board to use with Instagram. New ones are created every day. You likely already know about hootsuite.com and others but here are some you may not be aware of to help you build your brand on Instagram.
- Layout from Instagram – This app allows you to combine several photos into one for a great layout that looks fabulous.
- com – This cloud-based software lets you create a lot of images that look great using their professionally made layouts. You can easily add your own photos into their templates to look really good.
- com – This is an easy and fast way to put text on any images for Instagram. You can download this software on your mobile device via your app store depending on which type of mobile app you have.
- Superimpose – This app is amazing in its ability to super impose images on top of other images. For example, you can put a puppy in the hands of a child and more. It can make for some whimsy pictures.
- com – This cloud-based app used to be “latergramme” and is used for scheduling via your PC images and updates to appear later on Instagram. You have to push them out via your mobile, but you’ll get a message on your device alerting you to push the update out.
- com – With this app you can create time lapse videos to share right on your mobile device. It works on all Android and iOS devices.
- it – This is an app that allows you to earn revenue from Instagram. You put your Have2Have.it link in your profile and then they can buy the brands you show on your Instagram feed.
Instagram is a powerful social media network that has a lot of promise. You can use it no matter what type of brand you’re building to build a loyal following, get more subscribers, and make more sales.
Now that you have an idea of what type of things you can do on Instagram you should get started. Create a profile, and start putting updates, and then in the meantime create a plan of action so that you can make it work for your goals.